I've read this report several times for three reasons; #1. I live in Staten Island New York, and friends of mine died that day. #2. My mother and brother were in those buildings (Mom missing for 10 hours, my brother 2 days...they were lucky...THANK GOD BOTH SURVIVED the attack on the World Trade Center) #3. I am an historian. These are my points regarding your elements of thought from the 9/11 Report:
1. The purpose/goal- Americans have a RIGHT to an explanation from their government.
2. The REAL question of the report: How the hell could this happen on American soil?
3. Information regarding question #2 better be truthful, clarify the 'grey' areas, and make it understandable for the 'average' American.
4. The Unites States' 'right hand' did not know what its 'left hand' was doing
5. The U.S. status-quo platform on terrorism no longer applied after 9A.M. September 11, 2001.
6. Could it be that the U.S. ignored the signs out of vain arrogance?
7. Living in New York...we now have life before 9/11 and life after 9/11...ask anyone who lives here...something was stolen from us that day...I have to go through 2 security points just to meet my brother for lunch at his Manhattan office...oh and planes are now 'weapons'
8. Point of view...perspective...the U.S. was vulnerable....is vulnerable...and now must accept the proposition that certain people want to inflict great harm on Americans....and make no mistake...its not what 'we' have done (as a nation)...its because of who 'we' are (as a free people)