Summaries and Analyses by Experts
We've summarized and analyzed every book on your syllabus, from Macbeth and The Great Gatsby to obscure works for your higher level courses. Our in-depth guides are fact-checked by our team of experts to help you understand every story, chapter, theme, and character.Browse Guides
Top Study Guides
Recently Added Study Guides
- A Wall of Fire Rising by Edwidge Danticat
- Plainwater by Anne Carson
- The Jewelry (or The False Gems) by Guy de Maupassant
- Theme for English B by Langston Hughes
- Black Ships Before Troy: The Story of the Iliad by Rosemary Sutcliff
- The Tale of the Mandarin Ducks by Katherine Paterson
- A Cup of Water Under My Bed by Daisy Hernández
- Half the Sky by Nicholas D. Kristof, Sheryl WuDunn
- An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
- In the House of the Interpreter by Ngugi wa Thiong'o
Your Questions Answered by Real Teachers
Recently Answered Questions
Social SciencesWhat is Indo-Pakistani relations?
The term "Indo-Pakistan relations" refers to the relationship between the states of India and Pakistan since the partition of India in 1947. There have been numerous attempts to improve this relationship through diplomacy, but...
1 Educator Answer
HistoryHi, I have a question about colonization. The civilisation on the different continents was pretty...
Europe colonized Asia, Africa, and the Americas by doing so in stages. Europe learned about coastal Africa and "discovered" America in its great quest to find a sea route to Asia, a continent that in the 15th and 16th century...
1 Educator Answer
LiteratureWhat are your reactions to how the Holocaust was portrayed in Maus and Night? Did the format of...
Any reaction to a piece of literature is always personal, so that part of the question cannot be answered here. However, the format of the two stories does make a difference. Maus is a graphic novel while Night is a novel. Maus...
1 Educator AnswerRead More Answers »
We'll Help Your Grades Soar
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- PDF downloads
- 20% study tools discount
- 300,000+ answers
- Ad-free content
- 5-star customer support