Zeus was the most important of ancient Greece, the leader of the gods and the all-powerful overseer of earthly events and human destiny.future or fate of an individual or thing His role in mythology was complex and filled with contradictions. Zeus was the god of law and social order, yet he came to power through violent revolution. A god of marriage and the household, he was repeatedly unfaithful to his own wife, HeraGreek goddess, wife and sister of Zeus; queen of...
(The entire page is 1846 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE