1. What surprises Nelly about the passage of time?
2. How does Nelly know Lockwood has fallen in love with Cathy?
3. Does Nelly believe that Linton will soon die?
4. What is unusual about Cathy’s seventeenth birthday?
5. How does Cathy mistake her father’s condition?
6. Of what does Linton wish to convince Edgar?
7. What shocks Cathy and Nelly when they meet Linton in the moor?
8. Why can we assume Linton insists on Cathy waiting half an hour?
9. What excuses for his poor condition...
(The entire page is 316 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE