A claim by parents for damages arising from the negligent performance of a sterilization procedure or ABORTION, and the subsequent birth of a child.
In wrongful pregnancy cases (also known as wrongful conception), parents file a NEGLIGENCE action against the medical provider for failing to perform a sterilization or abortion correctly, which results in the birth of a healthy but unwanted child. Wrongful pregnancy cases are different from wrongful birth cases. In WRONGFUL BIRTH actions, the provider is charged with negligence...
(The entire page is 362 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE