- Pressure and delay
- Choosing a location
- The Atlantic Wall
- Capturing a port or landing on the beaches?
- The beaches of Normandy
- Weather: The uncontrollable factor
- The airborne attack
- The bombardment
- The landings
- Omaha beach: The American agony
- The Battle of Normandy
- The Allies race across France
- A German general's honor
(The entire page is 8398 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE