Averill, James H. “The Shape of Lyrical Ballads (1798).” Philological Quarterly 60, no. 3 (summer 1981): 387-407.
Explores the ways in which Coleridge and Wordsworth attempted to shape the structure and themes of the 1798 Lyrical Ballads through the placement of individual poems within the collection.
Bate, Jonathan. “Wordsworth and the Naming of Places.” Essays in Criticism 39, no. 3 (July 1989): 196-216.
Discusses the origin and thematic value of Wordsworth's use of...
(The entire page is 975 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE