Brustein, Robert, review of The Wild Duck, in The New Republic, April 14, 1986, p. 27.
Bull, Francis, Norsk Litteraturehistories, Volume IV, 1937, pp. 18–19.
Christiani, Dounia B., preface to The Wild Duck, translated by Dounia B. Christiani, W. W. Norton & Company, 1968.
Ellis, Havelock, ‘‘Ibsen,’’ in The New Spirit, 1890.
Howells, W. D., ‘‘Henrik Ibsen,’’ in The North American Review, Summer, 1906, pp. 1-14.
McCarthy, Mary, ‘‘The Will and Testament of...
(The entire page is 461 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE