Find women who have lost a husband, lover, father, brother, or son in a military conflict and interview them. Write a description of the ways in which they have or have not accommodated their loss.
After viewing a few popular war movies, for example, The Thin Red Line, Forest Gump, Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, etc., compose an essay comparing and contrasting the ways in which Crane’s description of battlefield suffering and death match up with late twentieth-century visual depictions of the same.
Choose a military conflict or war from the nineteenth century and...
(The entire page is 165 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE