Sally-Ann Kitts (essay date April 1994)
SOURCE: Kitts, Sally-Ann. “Mary Wollstonecraft's A Vindication of the Rights of Woman: A Judicious Response from the Eighteenth-Century Spain.” Modern Language Review 89, no. 2 (April 1994): 351-59.
[In the following essay, Kitts discusses a 1792 review of A Vindication of the Rights of Woman in a Spanish periodical that was very favorable but which played down the work's more revolutionary aspects.]
Those familiar with Mary Wollstonecraft's radical feminist text, A Vindication of the...
(The entire page is 6016 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE