At a glance:
- Author: Vikram Seth
Other literary forms
Vikram Seth (sayt) is best known for his novels. A Suitable Boy (1993), a family epic set in postcolonial India, is a monumental 1,349-page work that received mixed reviews but that became one of Seth’s best-known works. An Equal Music (1999), set in contemporary London, is a love story about the members of a string quartet. Seth wrote a prizewinning travel book, From Heaven Lake: Travels Through Sinkiang and Tibet, published in 1983, and translated Chinese poetry in Three Chinese Poets: Translations of Poems by Wang...
(The entire page is 2436 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE
Popular QuestionsSee all »
- How is the poem "The Frog and the Nightingale" symbolic of modern society where untalented, crafty people dominate people gifted with...
- What is the summary of the poem "The Frog And The Nightingale" by Vikram Seth?
- What figures of speech are used in the poem- "The Frog and the Nightingale" ?
- What is the moral of the poem "The Frog and the Nightingale"?
- Examine what Bingle Bog signifies in human world.