- Location and geography of Vietnam
- Rebellion against Chinese rule
- An independent kingdom
- Vietnam and European colonialism
- Suspicious of French influence
- French colonialism arrives in Vietnam
- Life in French-controlled Vietnam
- Organized opposition to colonialism
- Japanese occupation during World War II
- Ho Chi Minh takes over
- France looks to reclaim...
(The entire page is 7000 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE