- Stalemate in the early years
- The Cold War
- United States provides active support to France
- French support for war fades
- American aid not enough
- The battle of Dien Bien Phu
- Words to Know
- People to Know
- First American Casualty in Vietnam
- President Eisenhower and the Domino Theory
In 1946, the struggle between Vietnam's French colonial rulers and its Communist-supported nationalist movement finally erupted into...
(The entire page is 4459 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE