- A chilly reception
- Veterans' views of the antiwar movement
- Difficulties readjusting to American society
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome
- Doubts about service
- Changing American views toward veterans
- Words to Know
- American Prisoners of War (POWs)
- Agent Orange
When the American soldiers returned home from World War II in 1945, they were greeted as heroes in the United States. Cities and towns across the country held parades to honor the...
(The entire page is 3927 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE