1. Describe Mr. Shelby’s relationship to and views on his slaves. What difficulties arise from his position?
2. Describe Haley’s opinions on the slave trading business. In what ways is he being harsh, or is he being realistic?
1. Compare and contrast George’s character to his master’s. What does Mr. Harris’s actions lead George to conclude about slavery?
2. Compare George’s sense of religion to Eliza’s. Why is he unsure of his own faith, but confident in Eliza’s?
(The entire page is 1490 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE