1. How does Uncle Tom hear about his family on the Shelby plantation?
2. What prompts Eva to think about heaven as she and Tom sit by the lake?
3. Whom does Eva decide to teach how to read after her mother scoffs at the idea?
4. Why does Henrique strike Dodo?
5. What saying does Augustine St. Clare quote to his brother regarding the dangers of Henrique’s loss of self-control?
6. What does St. Clare worry about after Eva and Henrique return from their ride?
7. Who first brings Eva’s state of health to the attention...
(The entire page is 327 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE