1. Why does Mr. Shelby need to sell some of his slaves?
2. Describe why Mr. Shelby thinks that Uncle Tom is a responsible servant.
3. What story does Haley tell to Mr. Shelby in regard to selling slaves?
4. What does Harry do to unintentionally attract Haley’s notice?
5. How does Haley view Mr. Shelby’s kindness toward slaves?
6. What is Mr. Shelby’s religious position compared with Mrs. Shelby’s?
7. What does Eliza suspect about Mr. Shelby’s meeting with Haley?
8. How does Mrs. Shelby detect that...
(The entire page is 448 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE