At a glance:
- Author: Umberto Poli
Other Literary Forms
Although remembered primarily for his poetry, particularly as assembled in the monumental editions of Il canzoniere, Umberto Saba also wrote several significant prose works, most of which were collected by Saba’s daughter Linuccia in Prose (1964). Scorciatoie e raccontini (1946; short cuts and vignettes) consists mainly of terse reflections on poetry and meditations on politics and postwar society. The collection Ricordi—racconti, 1910-1947 (1956; remembrances—stories) contains stories and sketches, some directly...
(The entire page is 3646 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE