Andrew (Sir Andrew Aguecheek)
These are unnamed characters with no speaking parts. Attendants accompany the duke and Olivia throughout the play.
Captain (Sea Captain)
His first and only appearance occurs in I.ii when he comes ashore with Viola after having rescued her from a shipwreck. The captain's role in the play is brief but useful since he provides us with important introductory information. For example, he tells Viola the name of the country where the play is set (Illyria), as well as the name of its...
(The entire page is 952 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE