Sample Essay Outlines
The following paper topics, each with a sample outline, are designed to test your understanding of Much Ado About Nothing.
Each deals with the play as a whole and requires analysis of important themes and literary devices.
Shakespeare interweaves two love stories in Much Ado About
Nothing, the Claudio-Hero plot and the Benedick-Beatrice plot. Write an analytical essay on the ways in which they parallel or counterpoint each other in characterization, in dialogue, and in plot structure.
I. Thesis Statement: The Claudio-Hero and the Benedick-Beatrice love stories are interwoven in Much Ado About Nothing through a series of parallels and contrasts in characterization, in dialogue, and in plot structure.
1,. Hero and Beatrice are kinswomen and good friends and Claudio and Benedick are comrades-in-arms and good friends
2. Both couples knew each other in the past
3. Both couples are learning to discriminate properly and to estimate each other's true value
4. Both couples' ability to love will be tested
1. Claudio and Hero are slaves to convention and Benedick and Beatrice are free spirits
2. Claudio seeks a wooing intermediary and Benedick woos directly
3. Claudio and Hero rely on...
(The entire section is 1575 words.)
Want to Read More?
Subscribe now to read the rest of Much Ado About Nothing Critical Essays. Plus get complete access to 30,000+ study guides!