Sample Essay Outlines
- Topic #1
Discuss the true nature and personality of the creature in Shelley’s Frankenstein.
I. Thesis Statement: Although the creature behaves viciously and murders several people, he is not inherently evil or malicious.
II. Creation of the creature
A. The creature as a product of Victor Frankenstein:
1. Construction of creature from body parts
2. Victor brings the creature to life
3. Rejection of the creature by Frankenstein
4. Confusion and pain of rejection
5. Experience of physical senses
6. Emotional response
B. The creature as a lost innocent:
1. Wanders in the woods, alone and confused
2. Discovery of food and fire
3. Seeking shelter from natural elements
III. The creature in society
A. Second rejection by humans:
1. The peasant flees from the creature
2. He is isolated from society
B. Creature understands he is repulsive to humans:
1. Prefers to hide in the forest, away from people
2. The creature realizes he is ugly
C. The benevolent nature of the creature:
1. Admiration of the De Lacey family
2. Anonymous acts of kindness towards the family
3. Appreciation of music and literature
4. Attempt to communicate with...
(The entire section is 919 words.)
Want to Read More?
Subscribe now to read the rest of Frankenstein Critical Essays. Plus get complete access to 30,000+ study guides!