Brahms, Caryl. “The Three Sisters.” In Reflections in a Lake: A Study of Chekhov's Four Greatest Plays, pp. 79-107. London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1976.
Traces the critical reception of The Three Sisters.
Bristow, Eugene K. “Circles, Triads, and Parity in The Three Sisters.” In Chekhov's Great Plays: A Critical Anthology, edited by Jean-Pierre Barricelli, pp. 76-95. New York: New York University Press, 1981.
An examination of the groupings of threes in The Three...
(The entire page is 685 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE