Hosseini’s first novel, The Kite Runner (2004), stunned reviewers with its powerful and eloquent prose. Also praised for its sensitive and deep character portrayals as well as its insight into the usually obscure history of Afghanistan, the book has been called a truly great work of literature. Although similar themes are explored in A Thousand Splendid Suns, Hosseini’s first novel leans more toward the political as the protagonist leaves his homeland as a child and then returns as a man to discover truths earlier hidden from him.
Yann Martel’s Life of...
(The entire page is 244 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE