Read a story describing the American soldier's experience in another war. How is the Vietnam War narrative different, if at all, in form and content?
Do some research on the phase of the Vietnam War that was called "Vietnamization" by American policy makers. How would these political and military decisions affect the mission and attitude of infantrymen like those in ''The Things They Carried’’?
What is the nature of relations between Vietnam and the United States today? How do the Vietnamese people feel about Americans, and what do Vietnam veterans think about Vietnam...
(The entire page is 169 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE