1. Why does Okonkwo seek refuge in his motherland?
2. What is the frozen water called “the nuts of the water of heaven”? (p. 92)
3. How does Okonkwo start his yam farm in Mbanta?
4. How does Okonkwo feel about the elders’ belief that if a man says “yes,” his chi will also affirm him?
5. Explain the significance of the isa-ifi ceremony.
6. How does Uchendu establish his authority when he addresses Okonkwo?
7. Why was the name “Nneka,” or “Mother is Supreme,” a common name among the Igbo people?...
(The entire page is 446 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE