Okeke: a man in Mbanta; interpreter for Mr. Smith
Mr. Brown: the white missionary
Okoli: a convert who kills the sacred python
The clan is not too worried about the church. The Christians rescue twins from the bush but never bring them to the village. Some converts are beaten after boasting that the Igbo gods are dead. Otherwise, there is little interaction between the church and the clan. Mr. Kiaga is quite harmless, and anyone who kills a convert will be forced into exile. If the Christians become more...
(The entire page is 888 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE