1. How do the leaders of Umuofia feel about the new religion?
2. What does Chielo, the priestess of Agbala, mean when she calls the converts “the excrement of the clan”? (p. 101)
3. Why doesn’t Okonkwo want to speak to Obierika about Nwoye?
4. Why do the Igbo people laugh at the interpreter even though he is speaking Igbo?
5. What is an iron horse?
6. Why are the people excited by what the missionary says?
7. Why do the men of Umuofia laugh at the missionary?
8. Why does Okonkwo stay and listen to the...
(The entire page is 375 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE