1. How long has Joe been dead in this chapter?
2. What color does Janie usually wear?
3. What does the Pastor say about Tea Cake?
4. Where does Pheoby stop before she goes to Janie’s house?
5. Why doesn’t Janie wear mourning clothes anymore?
6. Why is Pheoby scared that Janie is becoming like a possum?
7. Why does Janie decide to sell the store?
8. What does Janie mean when she says, “ah done lived Grandma’s way, now ah means to live mine”?
9. How is Pheoby like a chicken?
(The entire page is 373 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE