Nick and Susy have been staying at Como for almost a month. This has marked the beginning of their honeymoon. With new guests arriving at the villa the next day, they must now leave. Susy has made plans for the next residence at which they will stay, and they are packing. As Nick goes for his last swim in the lake, he reflects on their time spent here. He hates leaving this place but senses that the next house they stay in will be as elegant. This makes him conclude that Susy is magical. She makes things happen without much effort. People have “showered” houses on them. Their choices...
(The entire page is 481 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE