After hanging up the phone with Genevieve, Affenlight realizes that he has no food in the house. Pella volunteers to walk over to the school dining hall to see if the cook has anything that will serve as appetizers. The chef initially reacts coldly to Pella until she tells him she is the president’s daughter. At this, the man leaves Pella standing in the dining hall. When he returns a few minutes later, he hands her a large container of food. He tells her to make sure her father knows this is the best he could do on such short notice. Before Pella leaves, she asks the cook if he is...
(The entire page is 478 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE