Terrorism occupies the energy of thousands of members of police and intelligence forces in numerous countries and involves a large expenditure of public funds to protect dignitaries and other targets. It also has become a significant area of academic study and research and will continue to threaten international peace and stability in the twenty-first century.
The world in the twenty-first century faces a proliferation of terrorist groups with varied circumstances that motivate them to violent action. Almost all nations face some form of terrorist threat. Although the scope,...
(The entire page is 1600 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE