A situation that arises when one individual conveys real property to another individual by way of a lease. The relation of an individual to the land he or she holds that designates the extent of that person's estate in real property.
A tenancy is the occupancy or possession of land or premises by lease. The occupant, known as the tenant, must acquire control and possession of the property for the duration of the lawful occupancy. A tenancy can be created by any words that indicate the owner's intent to convey a property interest on another...
(The entire page is 124 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE