Every year, about 40 percent of teenage girls who become pregnant in the United States choose to have an abortion. Around 274,000 abortions were performed on teenage girls in 1996. This figure has caused much controversy between people who advocate a teenager’s right to choose abortion and those who argue in favor of her unborn child.
Pro-life advocates argue that a young girl should not be able to have an abortion, because it violates an unborn child’s right to life. They contend that abortion is murder and is therefore unethical. According to the Teachers for Life...
(The entire page is 379 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE