Susan Dominus has worked as an assistant editor at Glamour magazine, a feature editor and contributor for The American Lawyer magazine, and senior editor at New York Magazine.
Summary: Each day more than two thousand youths try cigarettes for the first time. Some teens think smoking looks sexy or cool; others hope cigarettes will help them lose weight or make them seem independent. Having parents who smoke is also likely to influence a teen’s decision in favor of smoking. With their busy schedules, many teens today suffer from similar stresses...
(The entire page is 3013 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE