Dr. James D. Sargent is associate professor in the Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine and the Department of Community and Family Medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire. His current research involves evaluating media and marketing influences on adolescent smoking.
Summary: After assessing 250 top box-office films from 1988 to 1997, researchers discovered tobacco use in more than 85 percent of these films. Tobacco brand appearances were common even in films rated for children, and findings suggest an increase...
(The entire page is 1901 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE