Mike A. Males serves on the California Wellness Foundation Adolescent Health Advisory Board, and he has written extensively on youth and social issues for the New York Times, the Lancet, Phi Delta Kappan, In These Times, and Scribner’s Encyclopedia of Violence in America.
Summary: Antismoking groups’ decision to focus only on preventing teenage smoking overlooks the problem that the large number of adult smokers make smoking seem socially acceptable to teens. Since smoking is more a conformist act than a rebellious one, antismoking...
(The entire page is 4635 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE