Bevington, David ed., The Complete Works of Shakespeare, Third Edition. Glenview, IL, 1980. 
Baldwin, T. W. The Organization and Personnel of the Shakespearean Company. Princeton, 1927. 
Berek, Peter. “Text, Gender, and Genre in The Taming of the Shrew.” In “Bad” Shakespeare: Revaluations of the Shakespeare Canon, ed. by Maurice Charney, 91-104. London, 1988. 
Boose, Lynda E. “Scolding Brides and Bridling Scolds: Taming the Woman’s Unruly Member.” Shakespeare...
(The entire page is 1603 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE