Book the Second: The Golden Thread
Chapter 7: Monseigneur in Town
Chapter 8: Monseigneur in the Country
Monseigneur: a French nobleman
Monsieur the Marquis: French nobleman and Uncle of Charles Darnay
A tall man in a nightcap: the marquis’ coach runs over and kills his child
The mender of roads: a French peasant
Monsieur Gabelle: servant of the Marquis
The scene is a reception in Paris thrown by the Monseigneur....
(The entire page is 488 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE