1. Where is Mr. Lorry going at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What is the tone of this chapter?
3. Is Miss Pross’ claim that “hundreds of people” visit the house accurate?
4. What has Miss Pross’ brother done to her?
5. What has Dr. Manette kept as a reminder of his 18 years in prison?
6. Who else comes to the Manettes’ house on this Sunday?
7. What is odd about Dr. Manette’s house?
8. Of what is this symbolic?
9. What happens when a storm approaches?
10. What is...
(The entire page is 281 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE