Book the Second: The Golden Thread - Chapter 21: Echoing Footsteps
Little Lucie: daughter of Charles and Lucie
Time passes. Lucie hears the echoes of distant footsteps. On occasion this seems ominous, but for the most part she hears “in the echoes of years none but friendly and soothing sounds.” She has one child, a daughter named Lucie. She has a boy child who dies but even this is not a terribly sad occasion, as “the rustling of an Angel’s wings got blended with the other...
(The entire page is 522 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE