Quotations from the text are based on the following edition:
Dickens, Charles. A Tale of Two Cities. New York: Signet Classic/Penguin Books USA, 1980.
Ackroyd, Peter. Introduction to Dickens. London: Sinclair Stevenson, 1991.
Dickens, Charles. A Tale of Two Cities. New York: Amsco School Publications, 1971.
Frank, Lawrence. Charles Dickens and the Romantic Self. University of Nebraska Press, 1974.
Glancy, Ruth F. "A Tale of Two Cities": Dickens's Revolutionary Novel. Boston:...
(The entire page is 942 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE