Donald Lazere, The Unique Creation of Albert Camus, Yale University Press, 1973.
Henri Peyre, “Camus the Pagan,” in Yale French Studies, Vol. 25, 1960, pp. 65-70.
Richard Plant, “Benign Indifference,” in The Saturday Review of Literature, Vol. 29, No. 20, May 18, 1946, p. 10.
Jean-Paul Sartre, “An Explication of The Stranger,” in Camus: A Collection of Critical Essays, edited by Germaine Bree, Prentice-Hall, 1962, pp. 108-21.
Philip Thody, “Camus’s L’Etranger Revisited,” in...
(The entire page is 473 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE