Set in Miami over the course of three decades, Stiltsville by Susanna Daniel follows the courtship and marriage of Frances Ellerby and Dennis DuVal. Throughout the story of their marriage, the author relates major historical events in the area during this time period and recounts the impact it had on their lives.
The story opens in 1969 in Miami, Florida, with Frances attending a friend's wedding; while there, she meets a woman named Marse Heiger, and they develop a quick friendship. Marse invites Frances to spend some time away with...
(The entire page is 3160 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE