Auden, W. H., ‘‘Musee des Beaux Arts,’’ in The Norton Anthology of English Literature, Vol. 2, edited by M. H. Abrams, 5th ed., W. W. Norton & Company, 1985, p. 2298.
Caputi, Anthony, Eight Modern Plays, Norton, 1991, p. 133.
Chekhov, Anton, Anton Chekhov: A Life, by Donald Rayfield, Henry Holt, 1997, p. 353.
Karlinsky, Simon, ''The Seagull'' in Letters of Anton Chekhov, translated by Michael Henry Heim, Harper & Row, 1973, p. 280.
Kirk, Irina, Anton Chekhov,...
(The entire page is 715 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE