At a glance:
- Author: Sarojini Chattopadhyay
Sarojini Chattopadhyay was born in Hyderābād, the capital of the princely state of Hyderābād (Deccan) in the south-central part of India, on February 13, 1879, to Aghorenath Chattopadhyay and Vardha Sundari. Her parents were members of an old priest-caste (Brahman) family in the northeast province of East Bengal (now called Bangladesh). Her parents migrated to Hyderābād because of a teaching position that Sarojini’s father, who had received a doctor of science degree from the University of Edinburgh, had obtained. Her father, an ardent educationist, considered...
(The entire page is 1854 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE
Popular QuestionsSee all »
- Please give me the summary of Sarojini Naidu's "Bangle Sellers."
- What is the theme of the poem: The Soul's Prayer written by Sarojini Naidu
- I would like to have a brief summary on Sarojini Naidu's poem "The Soul's Prayer"
- May I have a complete explanation on the poem "Soul's Prayer" by Sarojini Naidu? What's the interpretation of this poem?
- Can anyone give me the brief summary on any three poems by Sarojini Naidu? i am in search of summairies of any of the poems ny...