Author: The anonymous author of the work, presumably a man.
Florinda: A good noblewoman who is supposed to marry a rich, old fool (Don Vincentio) but is in love with a young gallant (Belvile).
Hellena: Florinda's sister, who resists the decree that she should go to a nunnery.
Don Vincentio: The wealthy young man Florinda is supposed to marry.
Don Belvile: A young English colonel who is in love with Florinda but has no money.
Don Pedro: A young man who is friends with Florinda and Hellena's father, who would...
(The entire page is 2134 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE