1. Why is the opening scene of The Rover unusual for a Restoration comedy?
2. Who does Willmore represent historically? What traits do the two share?
3. What is happening in Naples during the play? What is traditional for that event?
4. How does Florinda reveal herself to Belvile?
5. Why does Willmore find himself attracted to Hellena?
1. The opening scene begins with two women discussing ways to satisfy their desires. This is unusual because in most plays men were the center of...
(The entire page is 260 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe to the eNotes Teacher's Edition for access to this content as well as all eNotes lesson plans. Plus get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE