In Chapter 11, Julio talks to his friend Diego who is still back in Texas. He recounts his online conversation with afroqueen and also tells Diego about the gang's approaching him in the bathroom. Diego's only suggestion is to run away from that kind of stuff, but Julio tells him that he does not have a choice since his parents decided to move the family to Cincinnati. As their conversation is ending, Julio receives a call from Ben on the other line. He tells Ben about the gang incident, and Ben fills him in on the situation at their school. He explains that because the guys who...
(The entire page is 440 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE