1290 Avenue of the Americas New York
Rolling Stone magazine was conceived in a loft over a small print shop in San Francisco by University of California dropout Jann S. Wenner. In 1967, the 20-year-old Wenner quit school to start a publication that would embrace the musical...
(The entire page is 2755 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE