1. The Logan family exhibits pride and independence. Which family member seems to exhibit these traits most consistently?
2. The Christmas celebration at the Logans' motivates the recounting of a considerable amount of oral history. What information gleaned from these conversations enables the reader to better understand some facts or some attitudes presented in the novel?
3. How do you rate Mary Logan's strength and leadership ability?
4. Stacey is forced to grow up quickly because of his father's frequent absences. Of the several actions that he takes to...
(The entire page is 363 words.)
Want to read the whole thing?
Subscribe now to read the rest of this article. Plus, get access to:
- 30,000+ literature study guides
- Critical essays on more than 30,000 works of literature from Salem on Literature (exclusive to eNotes)
- An unparalleled literary criticism section. 40,000 full-length or excerpted essays.
- Content from leading academic publishers, all easily citable with our "Cite this page" button.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee READ MORE